Kuits secures record number of lawyer rankings in Legal 50006 Oct 2021
Manchester commercial law firm Kuits has received its highest number of Leading Individual lawyer rankings in the latest edition of the Legal 500, a research publication that analyses and ranks the abilities of law firms across the country.
Head of Licensing Felicity Tulloch has been named as a Leading Individual, taking the Firm’s total of Elite Lawyers up to seven. Additionally, Licensing Senior Associate Rebecca Ingram has been recognised as a Rising Star in the 2021 edition.
In the Employment team, Partner Mark McKeating has been named as a Next Generation Partner in the listings and Solicitor Lauren Ogden has been mentioned as a Key Lawyer.
Executive Partner Robert Levy and Tax Partner Paul Bricknell have also once again been named as recommended lawyers for Tax Litigation and Investigations in London, as the team continues to be ranked nationally in this practice area.
In addition, the Firm has also preserved its top-tier status in the Legal 500 rankings. Kuits was once again ranked in Tier One for its Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate advisory services, with the Firm’s Licensing team also retaining its position as the only firm in the North West to be classified in the top-tier.
Steve Eccleston, Managing Partner at Kuits, commented: “We’re delighted to have achieved our highest number of named lawyers in this year’s Legal 500 results along with maintaining our 11 rankings with our departments. This further reinforces our place as one of the best legal advisors in the North West and the country.
“Continually ensuring we provide the highest level of legal and commercial advice to our client base of SMEs, owner-managed businesses and high-net worth individuals is at the forefront of our minds, and we’re proud that the hard work of our teams over the last 12 months has allowed us to achieve this again.”
The Legal 500 annual ranking is based on feedback from 250,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading practice lawyers, as well as a team of researchers with experience in the legal market.
The Legal 500 2022 – Kuits
North West Top-Tier Firm
- Crime, fraud and licensing: Licensing
- Private Client: Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate
North West Recommended Firm
- Corporate and Commercial: Corporate and commercial – Manchester
- Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation – Manchester
- Finance: Banking and Finance
- Human Resources: Employment
- Human Resources: Employment: Employee/Union Firms
- Private Client: Contentious Trusts and Probate
- Private Client: Family
- Real Estate: Commercial Property – Manchester
- Real Estate: Construction
- Real Estate: Property Litigation
- Technology, Media and Telecoms: Intellectual Property
London Recommended Firm
- Dispute Resolution – Tax Litigation and Investigations
Hall of Fame
- Licensing – Anthony Lyons
- Commercial Property – Nick Nyunt
- Corporate and Commercial – Rob Buckley
- Employment – Kevin McKenna
- Intellectual Property – Bruce Jones
- Intellectual Property – Ian Morris
- Licensing – Felicity Tulloch
- Private Client – Graham Wood
Next Generation Partner
- Employment – Mark McKeating
- Licensing – Rebecca Ingram
Corporate and Commercial – Manchester – Kirsti Pinnell, Helen Mather, James Wall,
Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation – Manchester – Bruce Jones, Damian Bailey, Peter Kaye, Phillip Warburton, Richard Wilson
Dispute Resolution: Tax Litigation and Investigations – London – Robert Levy, Paul Bricknell
Finance: Banking and Finance – George MacMillan, Alison Kellett, Meave O’Neill
Human Resources: Employment – Sally Bird, Mark McKeating
Human Resources: Employment: Employee/Union Firms – Kevin McKenna, Sally Bird, Mark McKeating, Lauren Ogden
Private Client: Contentious Trusts and Probate – Peter Kaye, Richard Wilson
Private Client: Family – Colin Davies, Madelaine Hailey, Ayesha Griffin,
Private client: Personal tax, trusts and probate – Graham Wood, Paul Bricknell, Lauren Clyne, Elaine Roche
Real Estate: Commercial Property – Manchester – Steve Eccleston, Adam Hymes, Andrew Knight, David Moroney
Real Estate: Construction – Charlie Tomlinson, Steve Finney
Real Estate: Property Litigation – Bruce Jones, Phillip Warburton, Rebecca Jones
TMT (technology, media and telecoms): Intellectual Property – Claire Meyers, Humna Nadim