We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise that result in some hard decisions relating to your own capacity or that of those close to you.
From our experience, once such decisions need to be made, matters need to move forward quickly. We are here to offer you full support in dealing with what steps need to be taken to ensure that you are able to take matters forward.
We will guide you through the legal processes available to you, whether you are concerned about your own future loss of mental capacity or if you have a family member who is sadly incapable of managing their own affairs.
We deal with a whole range of issues relating to those who may or have lost capacity to manage their own affairs. Often it is necessary to involve the specialist Court of Protection in the decision making process, and we can support you through this process by making any applications on your behalf.
Our team regularly work with individuals and a whole range of advisors to advise on:
- Deputyship applications and providing ongoing support for lay deputies
- The appointment of Professional Deputies
- Personal Injury Trusts
- Putting in place Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Existing Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Statutory Will applications, decisions relating to the purchase of property and tax planning measures
Meet your team