Sign Up to our newsletter

Tables & Chairs or Street Café Licences

If you are considering using an external area at your bar or restaurant and would like to speak to an expert about obtaining the relevant licence, please contact us.

The use of an external area can be invaluable for many premises, vastly increasing their trading capacity, particularly during the summer months.

The application process, fees and timescales for obtaining a Tables and Chairs Licence can vary from one local authority to another. Our licensing solicitors have extensive knowledge of how different local authorities operate, and what is necessary to achieve a licence in various different areas of the country.

We lodge hundreds of applications for Tables and Chairs licences on a yearly basis, helping a wide range of clients to maximise their trading area and consequently their profits. If you have an area of public highway that you think you could utilise as an external area for your premises, we can explain exactly what will be required to obtain you the permissions needed in order to do so.

Q: How often does a Tables & Chairs Licence need to be renewed?

A: The answer to this question varies greatly.  Whilst most need to be renewed annually, some Councils, such a Liverpool, only require renewals every 3 years; others, such as Westminster, require them to be renewed every 6 months.  The timescales and costs associated with such applications vary across the country and so we suggest engaging with us as soon as possible to ensure the smooth continuation of any permission already in place.

Kuits’ planning team advise a number of leisure operators with their additional planning needs, for more information on our planning service please click HERE.


About Us

Find out more about us, our approach and how we can help you.

Subscribe to our mailing list