Civil Partnerships and Same-Sex Marriages

If you are entering into a civil partnership and would like some legal advice on any financial arrangements, please contact us.

Same-sex couples who wish to give their relationship legal recognition have the choice of entering into a civil partnership or a marriage.

Before entering into either of the above, it is advisable to consider a pre-civil partnership agreement or a pre-nuptial agreement. These agreements confirm how the parties’ assets should be split if the marriage or civil partnership breaks down. Whilst not currently legally binding in England and Wales, when entered into correctly these agreements carry significant weight if a dispute over your assets reaches the courts.

In the event your marriage or civil partnership breaks down, we can help you reach an amicable resolution with your ex-partner in relation to finances. We offer a full range of services, including alternative dispute resolution and traditional litigation. As members of Resolution, we promote a constructive approach to family law disputes.

Our family lawyers regularly deal with complex financial arrangements and will provide you with commercial advice that suits your needs. Where children are involved, we will advise how to limit the effect your separation has on them.


About Us

Find out more about us, our approach and how we can help you.

Subscribe to our mailing list