Kuits reaches record high in Legal 500 rankings09 Nov 2018
Manchester commercial law firm Kuits has obtained its best-ever results in The Legal 500 UK, a research publication that analyses and ranks the abilities of law firms across the country.
Kuits achieved some exceptional accolades, including being recognised as a top-tier advisor for employees and ranking for construction following the arrival of partner Ben Connor from DLA Piper in 2016.
The firm have also been recognised in the London rankings for tax litigation and investigations, such is the strength and breadth of their work nationally, with executive partner Robert Levy recommended as ‘a strong advocate who handles clients and HMRC calmly and effectively’.
Kuits’ ‘absolutely first-class’ licensing team continues to be the only one in the North West to receive a Tier 1 ranking and head of the department, Tony Lyons, was awarded Hall of Fame status – the highest level of recognition awarded to individuals by The Legal 500.
Intellectual Property partner Bruce Jones is named as a Leading Individual for the first time and joins head of department Ian Morris, described as being ‘one of the North West’s leading lights in IP’, in the rankings.
The firm’s personal tax, trusts and probate team also retained its top-tier ranking, with Head of Tax and Probate, Graham Wood, preserving his Leading Individual status, together with Head of Corporate and Commercial, Rob Buckley, and Head of Employment, Kevin McKenna.
Nine other lawyers were selected for spots on the Recommended Lawyers list for the first time, taking the overall number to 33 across all departments.
Steve Eccleston, managing partner at Kuits, commented: “It’s with great pride that we continue to improve our Legal 500 rankings and scale new heights in the tables, further strengthening our position among the best firms in the North West.
“Our aim is to provide the best legal and commercial advice to our client base of SMEs, owner-managed businesses and high-net-worth individuals, and to receive this recognition and praise is extremely gratifying and testament to the hard work and dedication of our teams.”
The Legal 500 annual ranking is based on feedback from 250,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading practice lawyers, as well as a team of researchers with experience in the legal market.
The Legal 500 2018
North West Top-Tier Firm
- Crime, fraud and licensing: Licensing
- Human Resources: Employment: Employee/Union Firms
- Private Client: Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate
North West Ranked Firm
- Corporate and Commercial: Corporate and commercial – Manchester
- Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation – Manchester
- Finance: Banking and Finance
- Human Resources: Employment
- Private Client: Charities and Not-For-Profit
- Private Client: Contentious Trusts and Probate
- Private Client: Family
- Real Estate: Commercial Property – Manchester
- Real Estate: Construction
- Real Estate: Property Litigation
- Technology, Media and Telecoms: Intellectual Property
London Ranked Firm
- Dispute Resolution – Tax Litigation and Investigations
Hall of Fame
- Licensing – Anthony Lyons
- Corporate and Commercial – Rob Buckley
- Employment – Kevin McKenna
- Intellectual Property – Bruce Jones
- Intellectual Property – Ian Morris
- Private Client – Graham Wood
- Corporate and Commercial – Manchester – Kirsti Pinnell, Robert Levy, James Wall, Helen Mather, Jan Winstanley
- Crime, fraud and licensing: Licensing – Felicity Tulloch
- Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation – Manchester – Andrew Weinberg, Damian Bailey, David Jones, Wendi Bussin, Phillip Warburton
- Dispute Resolution: Tax Litigation and Investigations – London – Robert Levy
- Finance: Banking and Finance – George Macmillan, David Marlor, Alison Kellett, Meave O’Neill
- Human Resources: Employment – Sally Bird
- Human Resources: Employment: Employee/Union Firms – Kevin McKenna, Sally Bird
- Private Client: Contentious Trusts and Probate – Andrew Weinberg, Graham Wood, Sharon Kelly, Paul Bricknell
- Private Client: Family
- Private client: Personal tax, trusts and probate – Paul Bricknell, David Chambers, Lauren Clyne
- Real Estate: Commercial Property – Manchester – Nick Nyunt, Steve Eccleston, David Haffner, Stephen Lopeman, Martin Davies, Adam Hymes, Chris Hardy, David Moroney, Steve Jackson
- Real Estate: Construction – Ben Connor
- Real Estate: Property Litigation – Andrew Weinberg, Ben Connor, David Jones, Phil Warburton, Rebecca Jones