Corporate Solicitor vacancy07 Apr 2021
Kuits is a leading UK200-listed commercial law firm based in Manchester city centre. We provide trusted legal and commercial advice to business, their owners and high-net worth individuals promoting the growth and success of the North West. Ranked highly in both Chambers UK and Legal 500, clients consider us ‘quick to respond’, ‘diligent’ and ‘thorough and educated’ in our responses.
We are seeking a bright individual of 0-2 years PQE to join our Corporate team. The role requires previous corporate experience and being keen to continue with corporate work, particularly transactional work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting on transactional, M&A work: reviewing and reporting on due diligence if acting for a buyer; collating responses to due diligence if acting for a seller and then going through the warranties to draft the disclosure letter; drafting and finalising ancillary documents; moving towards drafting / reviewing SPAs for smaller transactions.
- AIM / plc work: primarily verification of investor presentations / admission documents and otherwise generally assisting on placings / admissions.
- Reorganisation work: drafting documentation to effect share exchanges / buy backs / hive acrosses / s110 reorganisations / dividends in specie under supervision initially (not expecting experience in all before join us!).
- General company law advice, which will include: shareholders agreements; bespoke articles of association (including for “FICs”); AGM notices for plcs; corporate authorities by way of property / banking support; general company law advice and implementation.
- Non fee earning work: drafting articles and assisting with precedents with the team as a whole.
About the team
The Kuits corporate team has an open and transparent culture as the firm does generally. Away from the office, the department enjoys going out as a team for a range of activities so are looking forward to the restrictions of lockdown easing.
Register your interest
If you are looking for a new opportunity and think you have the experience and dedication to become a member of the Corporate team, email our HR team at HR@kuits.com with your CV.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
"Throughout my different roles within the firm, my voice has never been ignored and my opinion has regularly been sought and valued. I have never felt like I am simply just a number or a statistic which is something I often hear from friends within the industry. People make an real effort to get to know each other on a personal level and I am happy to call many of my colleagues my friends."