Banking Paralegal vacancy28 Apr 2021
Kuits is a leading UK200-listed commercial law firm based in Manchester city centre. We provide trusted legal and commercial advice to business, their owners and high-net worth individuals promoting the growth and success of the North West. Ranked highly in both Chambers UK and Legal 500, clients consider us ‘quick to respond’, ‘diligent’ and ‘thorough and educated’ in our responses.
We are seeking a bright individual to join our Banking team.
Reporting directly to all fee earners, provide administrative and clerical support to the team as directed and working with Central Processing (CSU) to provide effective support services to the team.
Key tasks, duties and quality standards in meeting department purpose:
- Maintain the Partner for Windows database in line with Kuits’ procedures and the Data Protection Act, ensuring that all data is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Assist the post completion assistant with Companies House and Land Registry registrations / requisitions when needed.
- Be actively involved in assisting fee earners with redemptions including preparation of release documents, liaising with the client to obtain redemption statements, preparation of the completion slips and liaising with the Borrower’s solicitor.
- Assisting fee earners with completions including completion day checks, priority searches, statements and slips for transfer of monies.
- Work closely with fee earners in the setting up, uploading and management of portfolio checklists and schedules as well as condition precedent schedules.
- Assist fee earners in the management and prompt submission of matter progress reports to Clients where required.
- Communicate in a courteous and professional manner with clients, other contacts and internal staff on the telephone and by email, relaying messages and providing assistance where possible.
- Make appointments and book meeting rooms, refreshments, arrange travel and accommodation, etc. as required including liaising with reception as appropriate. This will also involve co-ordination of staffing and managing clear desk policy.
- Prompt administration of files such as opening and closing, billing, recording undertakings, archiving, etc., as directed by the fee earner.
- At all times comply with Kuits’ internal procedures as set out in the Office Manual and the Clerical Guide.
- At all times comply with all relevant legislation and regulations as directed by the firm (e.g. client confidentiality, anti-money laundering, Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and The Law Society rules, Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, Data Protection Act, etc.)
- In all dealings with clients and others, internally and externally, behave professionally, helpfully and courteously at all times and ensure the positive representation of the firm.
- Work as part of a team when work is requested by any other fee earner within Kuits and/or CSU, thus ensuring that work is delivered in a timely manner. This includes liaising with / redirecting tasks to CSU with covering instructions (arranging CSU cover in line with reviewing staffing / holidays).
- Department specific dictations (where the dictation requires a contextual understanding of banking) – type work as dictated or requested by the fee earner(s) using BigHand digital dictation system, Partner for Windows case manager system and Microsoft Word or other applications, as applicable.
- Ensure that all typed work is accurate and proof-read before being handed to the fee earner.
- Prepare correspondence, documents (including track changing), Bank standard security documents, completion undertakings and completion statements Assist in the personal organisation of fee earners using a computerised diary and task management system to ensure that no key dates, deadlines, tasks and appointments are missed by the fee earner and ensuring the Bribery Act information is up to date.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of a case manager system (preferably Partner for Windows or similar)
- Experience of case management systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Teams, databases and Excel
- Team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- Professional and helpful manner
- Able to carry out tasks independently and show initiative
- Positive can-do attitude
Register your interest
If you are looking for a new opportunity and think you have the experience and dedication to become a member of the Banking team, email our HR team at HR@kuits.com with your CV.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
"Throughout my different roles within the firm, my voice has never been ignored and my opinion has regularly been sought and valued. I have never felt like I am simply just a number or a statistic which is something I often hear from friends within the industry. People make an real effort to get to know each other on a personal level and I am happy to call many of my colleagues my friends."