Our licensing team can assist you with a wide variety of applications, an indication of the costs for which are set out below.
Our “absolutely first-class” licensing team continues to be the only one in the North West to receive a Tier 1 ranking in the Legal 500 directory.
Unlike a high proportion of other law firms, Kuits does not engage in the practice of paying a referral fee to another company who might recommend us to you. Therefore, you can be confident that anyone recommending our services is doing so based on the quality of our service and expertise.
We have set out our estimated legal fees below. Please contact us for an accurate and detailed quotation based on your particular circumstances.
Specific fees for your matter will be assessed and confirmed to you prior to commencement of work. Our fees start at the amounts set out above, but the specific amount will be subject to various factors including (but not limited to) the location of the premises; the style of operation/proposed style of operation of the premises; the hours sought; the activities sought; the history of the premises; any relevant Local Authority policy; and any pre-application consultation that may be necessary.
Please note that Our Fees are exclusive of VAT. Your ability to claim back VAT is dependent on whether the licence is held by a business or an individual.
Any Local Authority Fees are not subject to VAT and therefore the fees displayed are the total you will pay.
|Type of Licence Application||Our Fees||Local Authority Fee||Advertisement Fee|
|Personal Licence||from £150||£37||–|
|Temporary Events Notice||from £150||£21||–|
|Designated Premises Supervisor Variation||from £175||£23||–|
|Transfer of a Premises Licence with due diligence||from £350 from £750||£23||–|
|Minor Variation||from £500||£89||–|
|Full Variation||from £950||£100-635*||from £300**|
|New Premises Licence||from £1500||£100-635||from £300**|
|New Table and Chairs Licence||from £500||Various***||–|
|Tables and Chair Renewal||from £250||Various***||–|
|Sexual Entertainment Venue||from £2000||Various***||from £300**|
|Application for Review||from £2500||–||–|
|Representation of Premises Licence Holder in Review Proceedings||from £2500||–||–|
*Dependant on the rateable value of the premises (additional fees payable if premises is used exclusively or primarily for the sale of alcohol, or if the capacity of the premises is 5000 persons or more)
**Dependant on the newspaper used
***Dependant on the Local Authority’s fee structure
Disbursements are fees we are required to pay to other parties on your behalf, which you will then be required to reimburse us for. These prices are set by other parties and you will be required to pay these no matter which advisor you choose.
The Local Authority Fee displayed in our Fees table above is a standard disbursement.
If you are applying for a Personal Licence, you may also be required to pay the following additional fees (inclusive of VAT):
- BII Award for Personal Licence Holders course: £120, booked via CPL Training
- Disclosure Scotland fee (subject to change) via CPL Training: £54
- Change of Address/Name Local Authority fee: £10.50
The fees set out above are on the basis that the relevant application proceeds unopposed. If representations are received in respect of any application, we will advise you at this stage of the likely additional costs of the work required to take the matter to conclusion. This may include (but is not limited to) negotiating or meeting with objectors; drafting or collating evidence; briefing Counsel; and/or attendance or representation at a Licensing Committee hearing.
Equally, should an appeal be required in respect of any Licensing Committee decision, we will advise you at this stage of the likely additional costs of the work required in lodging and pursuing an appeal.
- Discussing with you your licensing proposals – we will discuss your desired hours, activities and style of operation and take from you the information we need in order to prepare your application;
- Drafting an operating schedule for your approval (if applicable);
- Drafting your licence application;
- Submitting your application and arranging for it to be advertised at the premises or in the local press;
- Liaising with the local authority at the end of the consultation period and confirming whether the licence is granted or whether representations have been received.
Each application is different but, as a general guide, our estimate of likely timescales involved from the point you return the necessary paperwork to completion is as follows:
- Personal Licence Application: 2 – 4 weeks (following completion of course)
- Temporary Events Notice, DPS Variation and Transfer: 1 week
- Minor Variation: 2 – 3 weeks
- Full Variation, Premises Licence Application, Tables and Chairs Licence Application and Renewal, SEV Application: 4 – 8 weeks
These are only broad guides and as we progress your matter we would be in a better position to advise you of likely timescales.